Sunday, August 23, 2009

home by summer

back in my hometown. feel the familiar environment again. and ramadan the fasting month is here. i am happy to had a small reunion with closest relatives. this is a time i really treasure. before i left jakarta, i intentionally let my schedule free. i didn't fill my days with appointments. in that way i have the liberty to sleep. to read or not to read. to stay away from the heat on the street. to chat with anyone about any subject anytime. and to say 'yes' to spontaneous invitations offered by aviv.

well, tomorrow at five in the morning i will be seating in the train again, going from bandung back to jakarta. i will most likely sleep during the 3 hours journey. and then maybe i will dream about home. about people i met in days long ago. about moments, events, places, well you can tell. another week of work is ahead of me. monday to friday, with some more in between. without lunch breaks.

yesterday morning, on the way from jakarta to bandung, i sat on the right hand side seat in the train. from around 6.30 to 8.00 am, i saw pretty landscape of java island outside my window. with paddy fields, green and yellow; hills and mountains; rivers and villages. at sunrise they looked absolutely beautiful. i was grateful to see them. such picturesque composition of nature made me stay awake although i was tired and sleepy. i didn't want to miss a thing, steven tyler said. well, it was similar to my situation. accompanied by a stranger next to me, who listened to music from his ipod, i found the travel from jakarta to bandung yesterday was an enjoyable one.

unlike my habitual practice, i took a bus from the train station to my home. one of the slowest means of transportation in my hometown. but still, if i had another weekend like that, i would certainly do it again.

1 comment:

BeluBelloBelle said...

:) nice way in spent time in 1st ramadhan right?
Enjoy then until the last