Monday, January 19, 2009

hilary

this coming week is the beginning of my hilary term. my second term here in oxford. another journey into eight weeks of courses, tutorials, essays, visiting lecturers and perhaps presentations. one third of the entire programme is done, and i feel quite okay with the journey i made so far.

i have a bike now. purple. not new, but i'm happy with it, and it's history. it's an inheritance from a friend. i dressed it with red and white lamps so that police will not catch me when i happen to roam around in the dark, which i often do. especially now in winter, when days are short and sky is often grey. the red lamps, oh you should see them when they're twinkling. attractive and lively. with this bike, i am hoping to be able to extend the limits of my exploration around these areas...

i notice too that lately the curls on my hair are more dominant. i will not cut them, not exactly now. because i still like the feel of them - a certain kind of freedom, like when i'm on the bike and the wind is heavy, tossing them. and my heart will sing... "bicycle, bicycle, bicycle... i want to ride my bicycle, i want to ride by bike...! i want to ride my bicycle, i want to ride it where i like..."

No comments: