Monday, December 08, 2008

belfast revisited

today is a special day. i mark it as one different from any other. it's a birthday of a friend. a day of ied kabir festivity. and also the day to start a new journey: "there and back again".

yes, my bag is packed. the shoes are cleaned. documents are set. i am ready to leave the town before sunrise this morning. to belfast northern ireland. with great friends.

frank delaney's novel, which i lost somewhere in london in november, has done its motivating work on me. i bought the book in bandung second hand shop months ago. but before i finished reading it, i think i left it somewhere in merdeka guest house when opening my bag. ah, really a loss to me. i wrote some notes on it. marked the nicest parts as well. and missed it. it's about ireland.

but well, maybe the book is being read by someone else now. who knows. maybe the reason i lost the book is to make me write my own, hohoo..!

apart from belfast the trip shall take me somewhere else too. i will need a lot of good wish for this journey. i don't plan the details. i pray and let myself go and see why i arrive there.

No comments: