Sunday, September 02, 2007

one last time, leonard

Giving myself a lot of time listening to tracks from the albums of Leonard and Mike, I was like taken back to the solitude of the lakes and the forests I once visited in the northern part of Europe. The chill and the tranquility were real.

I believe everybody has that kind of place, where they wish to visit more often if they could. A room, a garden, a seat in a music concert, a cafe, a street or just a bathroom. The place that provides you with inspirations, as if while being there, you are somehow taken closer to yourself.
To me, that experience of listening a certain kind of musics works quite well for provoking new ideas. Just some thoughts coming after listening to one song, a simple tune called "Hey that's no way to say goodbye". The song goes this way and that way, yet I think the point of what the singer tried to say was that he was not looking for another as he wander in his time. It's just the way things are changing, like the shoreline and the sea. "But let's not talk of love or chains and things we can't untie, your eyes are soft with sorrow. Hey, that's no way to say goodbye..."
Sing more, Leonard.

1 comment:

BeluBelloBelle said...

"I believe everybody has that kind of place, where they wish to visit more often if they could. A room, a garden, a seat in a music concert, a cafe, a street or just a bathroom. The place that provides you with inspirations, as if while being there, you are somehow taken closer to yourself. "

May I know where exactly the place is Vahd? :)